i was born on august 21, 2009 at 3:40pm. i weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and measured 21 inches. my mama had a hunch i’d be big, but not that big! • i was named after the great men in my family: henry is the name of my great-great-grandfather, henry wexner sr., my grand-uncle, henry wexner jr., and my uncle henry. thomas is the name of my lolo, tomas castro, and my uncle tom-tom. • i live in a crooked old house in los angeles with my mama & papa, who love me like mad.
22 April 2011
i know, i know, i know. it's been aaaaaages since i last wrote. i've been busy, busy, busy goin' places, doin' things and havin' a grand ol' time.

but i turned 20 months old yesterday, and i thought it's time i take responsibility and start writing again. my life is important, after all.

so...what i'm up to these days:

- not only am i a master walker, but i can run. i like climbing stairs. i like walking backwards. i love to spin and sometimes i try to jump.
- i am learning to count! i started by counting the steps i'd climb with mama, but just today i was counting checkers.
- of course, i am a chatterbox. i have many words and i can even string two words together to make a point. i say things like "i baby." "bye, mama." "more milk." yes, i still talk so fast that sometime nobody knows what i'm saying, but that's their problem, not mine.
- i am still a happy guy, but i definitely get cranky--and when i'm cranky, everybody knows because i use my whole face and body to show you. (i am also loud.)
- i love music. i make instruments out of everything: a funnel becomes a trumpet, spoons become my drum sticks, an empty coffee tin becomes my drum. i love to dance and sing!
- i help my mama and papa when i can. i try to sweep the kitchen, i enjoy putting coins in the parking meter and i turn the lights on and off, i open and close the doors.
- i know my family. i can point out their faces in photos, and i try to call my lolo, lola, bubbe and cousin calder on the phone. i wish we could be together all the time.

oh! and did you know i'm going to have a baby sister? i don't know what that means, but everyone keeps telling me that. i have noticed that my mama's tummy is getting big and round. she points to it and says, "baby." so i lift her shirt and poke her belly button and say the same thing.
posted by henry at | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment






mama's web site
papa's web site
mama's work
papa's work
the portrait party
uncle ricky's web site
uncle tom's web site
uncle henry's web site