i was born on august 21, 2009 at 3:40pm. i weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and measured 21 inches. my mama had a hunch i’d be big, but not that big! • i was named after the great men in my family: henry is the name of my great-great-grandfather, henry wexner sr., my grand-uncle, henry wexner jr., and my uncle henry. thomas is the name of my lolo, tomas castro, and my uncle tom-tom. • i live in a crooked old house in los angeles with my mama & papa, who love me like mad.
30 May 2010
today, my parents really ticked me off. when i woke up from my afternoon nap, we went into the kitchen and they sat me in my high chair. i thought something good to eat was on the way, but boy was i wrong! mama kept me really still, holding my head between her hands. the more i tried to shake free, the harder she held me. then papa, with this shiny pointy thing, started snipping away at my hair. there aren't many things i hate, but sitting still is one of them. i growled, i shouted and i screamed, but they wouldn't stop. even auntie sidra, who was visiting for the day, ignored my pleas. i haven't cried that hard or loud in a long time, but what can i say? i was angry! after a lot of snipping and gripping, they finally stopped. my face was a big wet mess, and there were tiny wisps of hair all over the place. mama gave me a big hug and said i was such a good boy during my first "hair cut" and, right after that, i got to take a bath, which i love. the rest of the day, everyone kept playing with my hair and telling me how handsome i looked. that was nice and all, but i never want to go through that again.
posted by christine at | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment






mama's web site
papa's web site
mama's work
papa's work
the portrait party
uncle ricky's web site
uncle tom's web site
uncle henry's web site