i was born on august 21, 2009 at 3:40pm. i weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and measured 21 inches. my mama had a hunch i’d be big, but not that big! • i was named after the great men in my family: henry is the name of my great-great-grandfather, henry wexner sr., my grand-uncle, henry wexner jr., and my uncle henry. thomas is the name of my lolo, tomas castro, and my uncle tom-tom. • i live in a crooked old house in los angeles with my mama & papa, who love me like mad.
09 May 2010

Dear Momma,

I don't know very much yet. But I do know this: I love you. It hurts me when you leave the room. I feel safe when you are near me, next to me, behind me. No matter what I am doing, I want to know that you are there. When you come home from wherever you go, I want you to hold me. I want it so much that I forget whatever other fun I've been having. Your smile makes me smile. Your laughter makes me laugh. When you are sad, I feel sad too. And it confuses me. Your voice soothes me. At night, your singing gives me courage. You play with me. You read to me and you talk to me. You feed me and clean me and, even though I don't know it, you think ahead to how you can care for me better. You are - and always will be - my very first friend. The first person I ever loved. Thank you for being my momma.

Love, Henry

posted by henry at | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment






mama's web site
papa's web site
mama's work
papa's work
the portrait party
uncle ricky's web site
uncle tom's web site
uncle henry's web site