i was born on august 21, 2009 at 3:40pm. i weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and measured 21 inches. my mama had a hunch i’d be big, but not that big! • i was named after the great men in my family: henry is the name of my great-great-grandfather, henry wexner sr., my grand-uncle, henry wexner jr., and my uncle henry. thomas is the name of my lolo, tomas castro, and my uncle tom-tom. • i live in a crooked old house in los angeles with my mama & papa, who love me like mad.
21 February 2010
well, i'm getting old. i turned SIX MONTHS OLD today! on occasions like this, i think it's good to reflect. on what has come before and what is yet to come. like my momma always does, i have written a list of good things. good things from the many months i have lived so far.

being born :: my momma loves me :: my poppa loves me :: my grandparents, aunts, and uncles all love me :: my good doctors pearson and henry :: my "nice penis" :: breaking out of the n.i.c.u. :: coming home :: meeting my fantastic family :: spending the first weeks of my life with my grandmothers near and far :: my momma's "heroic" breastfeeding :: my poppa's snug swaddles :: wowing the world with my feats of strength :: tasting my fingers :: finding my feet :: learning to smile and to laugh :: my weekly visits from lola :: my ridiculous hair :: my best friend, the lamp :: my sleepy swing :: looking up through the trees :: my many silly pseudonyms - president muscles, presboluski, presbo, prince aboo daboo, secret agent baby, heath bar, hercules, little h, ht, h4, little man, and more! :: my many favorite games - push my chin like a button, it's very nice to meet you, fly a blanket over my face, fall very safely from very great heights :: my momma's lullabyes :: my poppa's dances :: my sleep overs with lolo and lola :: meeting more and more family and friends :: my baptism :: my godparents :: my first halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new year, and fauxmas :: my momma's birthday at pizzaria mozza :: all my big family parties! :: going out and about every wednesday :: riding my poppa like a horse and a superman :: tickles :: kisses :: tasting everything within my reach :: bouncing until i spit up :: my bubbe's video puppet shows :: trips to the porch and the park :: fresh air :: loud noises :: commotion :: adoration :: being fed :: being bathed :: being rocked to sleep

there is more. you know it! but i can't spend my entire birthday on the computer. there's a wide world at there and i've got rice cereal to eat!

thank you all for making my first six months so spectacular! until next time, will you share your favorite memories with me?
posted by henry at | 2 comments

2 Comments:

Happy 6-month birthday Henry!...Don't forget about how you amuse and amaze your godparents with your powerful jumping skills!

By Anonymous Erlina, at February 22, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Dear darling Henry,
my favorite memories were being with you for the first time & every time thereafter. seeing you laugh & smile (we knew it wasn't gas). seeing you delight in the sunlight slipping through the window for you. taking little walks & looking at the trees. your sweetness your softness. seeing how much you are loved by your momma & your poppa & your whole family. oh yes you have my heart darling boy. i love you so!
bubbe

By Blogger lauren hughes, at March 28, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment






mama's web site
papa's web site
mama's work
papa's work
the portrait party
uncle ricky's web site
uncle tom's web site
uncle henry's web site