i was born on august 21, 2009 at 3:40pm. i weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and measured 21 inches. my mama had a hunch i’d be big, but not that big! • i was named after the great men in my family: henry is the name of my great-great-grandfather, henry wexner sr., my grand-uncle, henry wexner jr., and my uncle henry. thomas is the name of my lolo, tomas castro, and my uncle tom-tom. • i live in a crooked old house in los angeles with my mama & papa, who love me like mad.
17 January 2010
last night, i went to sleep all by myself. it's the first time i've done it!

my momma and poppa tried to put me to bed on friday. they gave me a bath and read two books to me. then they kissed me and watched me for a long time. i thought it was great... until they left me in my crib all alone. i cried for forty minutes before i exhausted myself. i cried a few more times but my parents still didn't come for me. eventually, i fell asleep for a long time.

when i woke up at two, my poppa came to get me. he changed me and fed me and i guess he felt bad about leaving me alone because we stayed up very late watching superman together. he rocked me for a while but, before the movie ended, he left me alone in my crib again.

i was really sweet today. i held my poppa's arm whenever i could. and, of course, i smiled at my beautiful momma. i spent the afternoon with my lola and lolo. they made me laugh. i was so happy that i couldn't stop smiling. even in my sleep. when we came home from our day trip, my parents put me in my crib again. i was still pretty happy but, when i realized what had happened - they left me alone again! - i cried of course. is it wrong if i miss them?!

when i woke up early this morning, my poppa came to get me again. he fed me and changed me and kissed me. when he put me back in my crib, i didn't cry. i just watched him. i think i know now that he'll come back for me when i need him. after he said "goodnight, kiddo," i fell asleep all by myself. like the big boy i am.
posted by henry at | 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment






mama's web site
papa's web site
mama's work
papa's work
the portrait party
uncle ricky's web site
uncle tom's web site
uncle henry's web site