i was born on august 21, 2009 at 3:40pm. i weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces and measured 21 inches. my mama had a hunch i’d be big, but not that big! • i was named after the great men in my family: henry is the name of my great-great-grandfather, henry wexner sr., my grand-uncle, henry wexner jr., and my uncle henry. thomas is the name of my lolo, tomas castro, and my uncle tom-tom. • i live in a crooked old house in los angeles with my mama & papa, who love me like mad.
31 October 2009
today i performed another amazing feat of strength.

i was sitting on my poppa's chest. he was watching tv. i was trying to get a better view of one of my favorite things: light reflecting off picture frames. even though i stretched my neck i couldn't see it as well as i wanted. so, i stood up!

okay, sure, i probably would have fallen over if poppa hadn't caught me. but he grabbed my hands and, with his help, i stayed on my feet for almost a minute. he was the balance but i was the muscle. he was so surprised and proud of me. he yelled for my momma but i fell back onto my bottom before she hurried into the room.

when my pop told my momma what i did, it was hard for her to believe it. most babies can't do this until they are six to eight months old. sucklers! i stood up four more times for my momma! i lept to my feet all by myself. my poppa held me loosely by the hands to help me stay balanced but i stood erect all by myself. i looked around the room until i got tired. then i sat back down again. my momma knows how excited i am about everything. she said i must be speeding through my milestones because i am so eager to see the world. she may be right. poppa said i'll be flying pretty soon.

even superbabies get sleepy though. i tried to stand up again and again but my legs were too tired. it made me angry and i had to take a nap. i think i earned it though.
posted by henry at | 4 comments

4 Comments:

This is no Halloween trick. It really happened. I saw it with my own two eyes!

By Blogger christine, at November 1, 2009 at 6:36 AM  

henry, you are truly truly outrageous! i am in awe!

By Anonymous lali, at November 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

uh-oh watch out. apparently i was like that as a baby, too. cute now = but at nine months I started to RUN instead of walking. I bypassed walking and went straight to running. HA!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

whoops, that comments was from me. xo, LD

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment






mama's web site
papa's web site
mama's work
papa's work
the portrait party
uncle ricky's web site
uncle tom's web site
uncle henry's web site